The Department also offers Minors in English, Africana Studies, Film Studies in Literature, Drama, Writing, Spanish, and French.
English majors at Virginia State University can find good-paying careers in many fields, including the media, marketing, program management, social work, medicine, law and others. Here are just a few of the job titles you might hold with a degree in English:
- Technical writer
- Grant writer
- You may earn a teaching endorsement in combination with your English degree at VSU, which along with state licensure, allows you to teach at the secondary level.
- Many English majors choose to continue their education by pursuing an MA or PhD, or they might earn advanced degrees in other fields such as law, political science, and history.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2527 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application
- Completed International Applicant Supplement
- Official or certified copies of all academic records in Native Language to include examinations from the examinations councils (copies will not be accepted).
- Translated academic records/ transcripts, originals only, copies not accepted (We recommend World Education Services)
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from test agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers.
- Two letters of recommendation – Freshmen only (one must be from your Guidance Counselor).
- Personal Statement or essay on your Future Aspirations
- Proof of Immunization
International18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
National18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5540 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.