The Department of Accounting and Finance at Virginia State University teaches the dynamic environment of financial data collection, analysis and reporting in a global economy.
- Our graduates earn positions in professional accounting and finance areas at public, private and nonprofit organizations.
- Additionally, many of our studens go on to graduate school and/or pursue professional certifications.
- Students' oral and written communication skills as well as research skills are refined while accruing a broad understanding of financial management of profit and not-for-profit organizations. Our graduates depart with an understanding of accounting guidelines and regulations.
- Our students are encouraged to get involved in extracurricular activities to support their academic goals. We offer memberships in The Virginia State University Chapters of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) and the Financial Management Association (FMA).
- Students have hands on experience as well as opportunities to receive financial support through internships and scholarships available for qualified students.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 1368 other Bachelors in Accounting in United States
- A completed application
- Completed International Applicant Supplement
- Official or certified copies of all academic records in Native Language to include examinations from the examinations councils (copies will not be accepted).
- Translated academic records/ transcripts, originals only, copies not accepted (We recommend World Education Services)
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from test agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers.
- Two letters of recommendation – Freshmen only (one must be from your Guidance Counselor).
- Personal Statement or essay on your Future Aspirations
- Proof of Immunization
International18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
National18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5540 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.