Working in settings such as hospitals, clinics, reference laboratories, and physician office labs, the medical laboratory scientist (MLS) performs tests on body fluids and other human samples. The work requires great precision and attention to detail which is why you must also pass a national certification exam before you can serve in this role.
Learning outcomesThe Clinical Laboratory Sciences program at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has been designed specifically to help you achieve this certification, allowing you to quickly begin working in this exciting and important field.In the first two years of the program, you will gain a thorough grounding in the basic sciences along with broad exposure to the world in which we live through coursework in the humanities and social sciences.Year 3 is considered the first Professional year of the program. It contains program-specific coursework through classes that include hematology, immunology, and laboratory management. Each of these classes is reinforced by hands-on laboratory experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Social Science Elective
- Cell Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1949 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcript(s) from all secondary schools attended, including most recent grades.
- Official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended.
- Official reports of standardized test scores, either Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing Program Examination (ACT).
- Official reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), if the applicant has studied for fewer than 4 years where English is the language of instruction. A minimum score of 84 on the TOEFL or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS must be achieved to be considered for admission.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a school official such as a counselor or a teacher is required. An additional recommendation from a science or math teacher or from an individual that knows the candidate well is preferred.
International36120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36120 USD per year during 48 months.
National36120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36120 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.