You will not only continue to hone your skills in the American Sign Language Studies program of the Western Oregon University, but you will also study areas such as linguistics, language acquisition, cultural competency and mental health and learn how this information can serve the deaf population.
- Depict language mastery in ASL linguistics including the ability to express and comprehend ASL
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of deaf culture and deaf history perspectives in a global society
- Develop strong background knowledge skills suitable for pursuing careers in education, government, social services, graduate work and lifelong learning of ASL.
- Deaf rehabilitation counseling
- Research specialist
- Professional interpreter
- Consultant for businesses that cater to deaf community
- Deaf education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Deaf History
- Visual/Gestural Communication
- ASL Fingerspelling
- American Deaf Culture
- Deaf Women Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 1436 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed and signed application form and financial affidavit form
- Official transcripts from previous school(s)
- Students must submit an official copy of personal or parent’s/sponsor’s bank statement showing a balance of at least $45,000 and/or official award letters for any scholarships/grants
- Photocopy of current passport ID page
- Official copy of English testing score report
International27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27090 USD per year during 48 months.
National27090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27090 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Monmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.