Not only do the laws of physics govern the universe, they drive many rapidly-advancing fields that shape modern daily life, such as information technology, medical technology, microelectronics, and telecommunications.
The Physics bachelor’s program at Stevens Institute of Technology prepares you for a career in industry or research in these areas by laying a solid foundation of both theory and practice through rigorous classroom instruction and hands-on research experience in optics and quantum information in one of several state-of-the-art research laboratories. You’ll be immersed in research early on in your studies, and participate in a six-semester design sequence called SKIL (Science Knowledge Integration Ladder), where you will work on projects that foster independent learning, innovative problem solving, collaboration, teamwork, and knowledge integration under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
- Hands-on curriculum with integrated design component (SKIL)
- Co-op and internship opportunities
- Credits eligible for the Accelerated Master's Program
- Flexible minors
- Extensive summer research opportunities
- Guest speaker series
The Bachelor of Science degree in physics is accredited by the Middle States Accreditation Board.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Atomic Physics
- Intermediate Waves and Optics
- Modern Optics Lab
- Computational Physics
- Mathematical Methods for Science and Engineering
- Statistical Physics and Kinetic Theory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 1273 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Common Application
- Official high school transcript. If your transcript is not in English, please provide a certified translation
- Test scores
- Essay (included on the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $70 application fee
International55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 36 months.
National55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Hoboken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.