We live among the discoveries and creations of chemists: from the synthetic fabrics we wear, to the detergents used to wash them, from pharmaceuticals to plastics, cleaner fuels to more abundant food. Chemists enjoy the excitement and rewards of discovery and creation.
The bachelor's degree in Chemistry from Stevens Institute of Technology includes foundation courses in the five areas of chemistry: analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry. Advanced courses are available in areas in which Stevens has unique strengths, such as polymer chemistry, natural products, medicinal chemistry, computational chemistry and instrumental analysis.
- Research is strongly encouraged as essential preparation for a career in chemistry and to develop independence in solving open-ended problems.
- A former Stevens faculty member, Dr. Irving Langmuir, won the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 1932 for his discoveries and investigations in surface chemistry. Chemistry continues to excel at Stevens today, with faculty who play leading roles in the areas of polymer chemistry and engineering, ‘layer-by-layer’ formation of polymer coatings and ‘smart’ polymers, organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, instrumentation for chemical analysis, mass spectrometry, radiation chemistry, and computational chemistry.
The Stevens chemistry program is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Scientific Computing
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Electricity and Magnetism
- General Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2520 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Common Application
- Official high school transcript. If your transcript is not in English, please provide a certified translation
- Test scores
- Essay (included on the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $70 application fee
International55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
National55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hoboken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.