Compared to many undergraduate biology programs, the Stevens biology major retains a distinctive institutional focus on quantitative skills by incorporating rigorous mathematics and physical science training. This approach ensures a high degree of comfort with the molecular underpinnings of biological phenomena and well positions our graduates for careers in research and industry that increasingly value these skills.
The B.S. in Biology at Stevens Institute of Technology shares course requirements with the chemistry, chemical biology, physics, and mathematics programs through the second semester at Stevens, enabling students to transfer seamlessly among natural science programs during freshman year. Biology and chemical biology continue to share requirements through the third semester, then diverge. The biology program requires four chemistry courses beyond organic chemistry (compared to eight for chemical biology), allowing greater focus on biology courses such as developmental biology, neuroscience, anatomy and physiology, immunology, microbiology, evolution and ecology.
- Clinical Research
- Life Science Research
- Regulatory Affairs
- Medical Communications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Stevens recognizes the importance of applying projects to real world problems and encourages senior projects to be sponsored or mentored in collaboration with an industrial partner.
- This provides projects of value to the sponsor, and it imbues a professional orientation in the student team as they work towards providing the sponsor with deliverables in a manner that simulates the environment in a professional environment.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 2521 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the Common Application
- Official high school transcript. If your transcript is not in English, please provide a certified translation
- Test scores
- Essay (included on the application)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $70 application fee
International55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
National55952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55952 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hoboken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.