Program Learning Goals
As a major in the Biotechnology program of Rutgers University, each student will:
- be able to describe the basic molecular concepts essential for understanding the field of biotechnology and the applications of biotechnology.
- demonstrate proficiency in using the tools of biotechnology in an applied laboratory setting.
- be able to find and read published scientific research in biotechnology and summarize and communicate that research effectively and critically.
- acquire knowledge of ethical aspects of biotechnology and be able to analyze alternate viewpoints.
- learn to work as a team in the laboratory setting or group presentations.
By achieving these goals the student will have the knowledge base, technical proficiency, and communication skills for post-baccalaureate employment in the biotechnology field or for graduate/professional advanced education. (click on each learning goal to see the Biotechnology courses used to achieve the goal)
What do you do with a Biotechnology Major?
Our students have succeeded on a number of paths, including graduate school, medical school, and the biotechnology industry. In April of 2016 we celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Biotechnology Program and honored Dr. Barbara A. Zilinskas who founded the program and guided it over most of that time. The event included talks by alumni of our program outlining their careers since graduating with a degree in Biotechnology. The former students discuss the impact of their Rutgers training on their careers. A link to the detailed agenda with a list of speakers is on right above.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Issues in Biotechnology
- Ethical and Scientific Challenges in Biotechnology
- Nucleotide Sequence Analysis
- Seminar in Biotechnology
- Comparative Virology
- Process Biotechnology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Biochemistry Genetics View 900 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.