What you'll learn
The History program of Capital University offers a variety of programs for students who wish to pursue the field of history, including the standard history major and the history major and education through the social studies licensure program. By completing the history major, taking additional social studies courses and fulfilling education requirements, you could become licensed by the state of Ohio to teach in grades 7-12.
Our courses and faculty expertise include American history, Civil War, Constitutional history, 1960s and Vietnam history, African-American, Native American and women’s history, European history, ancient and medieval history, Renaissance and Reformation, English history, Russian history, and international course offerings of the histories of Africa, Middle East, Latin America, China and Japan.
Where you'll go: careers and placement
Employers value history majors because they are capable of organizing and analyzing information. With a degree in history from Capital, our graduates are prepared to enter many fields, including business, education, museums, archives, historical society work, politics, journalism and foreign service. They're also well-prepared to pursue advanced degrees in professions such as law (Did we mention we have a Law School?), or to go into government work.
Here's what some of our graduates are doing now:
- Editorial Assistant
- Senior Trust Officer
- Administration: State Government
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Civilizations: Ancient to 1500
- World Civilizations: 1500 to the Present
- History of The United States: Colonial to 1877
- History of The United States: 1877 to the Present
- History of Africa
- History of the Modern Middle East
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAnthropology History Modern History View 328 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit online application.
- Submit all academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas (including secondary and post-secondary).
- Submit Admission Test Scores: Students must have a TOEFL score of at least 61 iBT or an IELTS score of 6. To be considered for a higher scholarship award, ACT or SAT is recommended.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page
International37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
National37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.