In addition, students at Oregon State University will gain well-rounded intellectual development and essential career skills in critical thinking, writing, argumentation and documentation.
The curriculum is developed and taught by Oregon State professors and instructors through OSU's College of Liberal Arts, which is ranked No. 1 in the nation for best online liberal arts colleges. The courses are delivered online by OSU Ecampus.
Advantages of an online History degree from OSU's School of History, Philosophy, and Religion (SHPR):
- Join the SHPR community, made up of students and alumni from all 50 states, 11 countries, as well as active military service members and veterans.
- Engage with historical sources and compose an original research project in the HST 407 Research Seminar.
- Connect to the broad network of OSU history majors by joining the History Students Association (HSA).
- Build your critical skill set and prepare for success after graduation by participating in the Public History Internship Program.
- Scholarships and awards are available for history majors.
- Indigenous History of Latin America
- Modern Latin America, 1400-1810
- Modern Latin America, 1850 to present
- Slavery in the Americas
- Native North America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 26 other Bachelors in Modern History in United States
- 3.0 GPA High school diploma or IB Diploma with minimum overall score of 26 or IGCSE 5 subjects with a 3.0 average using NCAA scale (9-7/A=4, 5-6/B/C=3, 4/D/E=2, F/G=1, 3-1/U=0). Subjects must include Math, English, Science, 2 electives.
- English Test Scores must be less than two years old as of the start term requested. Applicants may also use the following achievements to meet the English Requirements for admission to an undergraduate degree program.
- SAT: evidence-based reading/writing score of 560
- ACTE (ACT English) - 21
- Two English composition courses (Writing 121+) with grades C- or better or one English composition and one Speech Communication course (Communication 111+) with grades C- or better, all from a US university.
- IGCSE O or A Level English with a grade of C or better (provisional results not accepted)
- IB Diploma: Language A - Language and Literature (HL) with a minimum score of 5
- AP English L & C - minimum score of 3
International662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 331 USD per semester during 48 months.
National662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 331 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.