- Majors in the life sciences provide preparation which can lead directly to a variety of careers in industry, government agencies, and the basic and applied health fields. They also provide excellent preparation for pursuing graduate studies leading to professions in the biological and health sciences.
- All Biological Sciences majors at the Marshall University require a minimum of 40 hours of coursework in the Department of Biological Sciences. These include 20 hours of core courses, a 2 hour capstone experience requirement and a minimum of 18-20 hours of electives chosen under the guidance of the advisers. Students may use these electives to pursue an area of emphasis. Additional requirements include the Specific Requirements of the College of Science in humanities and social sciences, and support courses in chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Principles of Biology
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Principles Cell Biology
- Human Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students: applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a term.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 593 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United States
- Completed application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- An official, final transcript, including graduation date, sent directly from the student’s high school to the Marshall University Admissions Office.
- Official college transcript
- American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores
- A valid immunization record
- Equivalent of U.S. high school diploma
- International GPA requirements are equivalent to domestic GPA requirements and vary by program
- ACT/SAT required for some programs and merit-based scholarships
- Proof of English Proficiency
International19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4276 USD per semester during 48 months.
Metro Residents - $7,318
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.