Starting in first year, students in the Medical Laboratory Science (Honours) program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and get hands-on experience in the simulation laboratories. As theoretical knowledge expands, so does experiential knowledge. In fourth year, students will be placed in a diagnostic medical laboratory for the final two practicum semesters where they will work under the supervision of a medical laboratory technologist and perform increasingly complex procedures on human specimens. Clinical placements give students hands-on practice, experience in different work environments and the opportunity to network with potential employers.
Although some exceptional circumstances may be considered, practicum sites are assigned on a random basis; therefore, students may be placed in any affiliated site within the province of Ontario. Students are responsible for any costs associated with relocation.
- Registered medical laboratory technologist
- Animal health technologist
- Biological technologist
- Food science technologist
- Health information management technician
- Technical sales specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Clinical Hematology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Effective Leadership and Quality Management in the Clinical Laboratory
- Immunology and Hemostasis
- Introduction to Medical Laboratory Practice
- Microanatomy and Histotechnology
- Molecular Techniques and Complementary Technologies
- Transfusion Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Biochemistry View 195 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International21935 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21935 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5982 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.