Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
If you are an international secondary school student entering an undergraduate program at the university on a study permit and are currently studying outside of Canada, you may be eligible for the ILA.
International Merit Awards—valued at up to $4,000—are automatically awarded to the top five applicants with the highest admission grade-point-average from each of the identified regions. The Merit Awards are non-renewable.
All scholarships and awards are subject to the following conditions:
- Values are subject to change without notice.
- Entrance scholarships are available to students attending the university from secondary school within 18 months of graduation.
- You have not previously attended a post-secondary institution.
- You may not hold more than one scholarship simultaneously.
- Summer school courses taken immediately prior to the start of the September term and any upgrading marks will not be included in grade calculations for awards.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum 80 per cent course load (per term).
- The university reserves the right to determine acceptable academic credentials, grades and prerequisite courses to be used for admissions and awards.
Continuation of all sources of funding from the university is dependent on maintaining good academic standing, and availability of funds. If you withdraw, change to part-time status, change your program, change your fee status or fail to complete a term, you may no longer be eligible for funding.
Study experience required
In order to be considered, students must have submitted a complete application for admission, including any required supporting documentation by Wednesday, February 15.