In the Information Technology - Game Development and Entrepreneurship (Honours) program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology you will be immersed in the game design and development process from day one and you will develop video games beginning in your first year. Successful students develop their technical, managerial and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills in a diverse team environment.
Working with programmers, artists and designers you will create innovative products that push the medium to its limits. You will acquire the knowledge and skills required to quickly advance your career in the gaming, interactive media and simulation industries, or become an entrepreneur in charge of developing and managing your own gaming/interactive media studio.
Our innovative gaming and virtual reality laboratory is equipped with state-of-the art software and equipment including motion capture facilities, an audiometric (sound) room, 3D displays, and the latest in interaction devices to allow for the development of high-quality animation, 3D models, sound recording and production, game engines, and gameplay code.
Graduates can expect to pursue a career as a:
- 3D animation and modeller
- creative director
- game producer
- game programmer
- game user researcher
- level designer
- level editor
- serious game and simulation designer/ developer
- technical marketing and advertising specialist in web and new media
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 3D Modeling and Animation for Games
- Game Audio
- Game Design
- Game Engine Design and Development
- Game Programming
- Game User Research
- Graphic Design
- Marketing in the IT Sector
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Video Games & Multimedia Software Engineering View 27 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International25400 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25400 CAD per year during 48 months.
National9031 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9031 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.