Our department places particular emphasis on the comparative study of race, ethnicity, gender, and sexuality through archival, ethnographic, visual, and theoretical approaches.
Community-Based Research and Activism
- At Oberlin College & Conservatory, students in Comparative American Studies get a robust intellectual experience that expands their knowledge and critically assesses myths and assumptions about the nation.
- What distinguishes our ethos is our commitment to community-based research and embrace of social justice in the academic enterprise.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visible Bodies and the Politics of Sexuality
- Latinx Oral Histories
- American Orientalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 3017 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oberlin College & Conservatory and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We accept online applications through either the Common App or the Coalition Application.
- School Report with Official Transcript.
- Teacher Evaluations.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
National59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oberlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.