The students in the Flight Education program of Hampton University have a variety of pilot ratings and enter the job market prepared to seek employment as a pilot in the aviation industry. Students with these degrees can go to work in commercial aviation for a company like Continental Express or seek employment as a pilot in the corporate aviation field.
Flight Education Program Objectives
Students in the Flight Education major will:
- Have a strong liberal arts background;
- Be able to effectively communicate through written and oral methods;
- Have the FAA credentials of commercial pilot certificate and a flight instructor certificate so graduates can get an entry-level flying job;
- Have an understanding of aircraft design standards, performance, operating characteristics, and systems;
- Have established a culture and appreciation of aviation safety, including human factors and CRM;
- Know how the aviation industry and the governing agencies are organized so graduates can navigate their careers;
- Have the math skills to plan navigation, calculate aircraft performance, and other computations to insure a safe and efficient flight;
- Have knowledge of legal and labor issues related to the aviation industry;
- Have knowledge and understanding of airspace and ATC so graduates can navigate efficiently, safely, and legally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Weather & Climate
- Aviation Foundations
- Airport Systems
- Private Pilot Ground School
- Flight Safety
- Crew Resource Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Aerospace Engineering View 3545 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- High School Completion.
- African Students - General Certificate of Education or the West African School Certificate, Ordinary level, and Division II, with at least 6 passes. (One each in English grammar, mathematics, and science).
- Others: Completion of high school equivalency as attested by the AACRAO National Credentials Evaluation Project.
- Score not less than 1000 on SAT (Math and Critical Reading score only) or an equivalent score on the ACT, or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Issuance of I-20 Form
International26198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26198 USD per year during 48 months.
National26198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26198 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.