The discipline of computing continues to push the boundaries of what is possible by discovering new ideas, building new kinds of systems and bringing new tools into the home, school and office. If you want to be in the thick of the intellectual excitement that is changing every other discipline, then computer science is the place to be.
The B.A. and B.S. in Computer Science program at the University of Northern Iowa offers a flexible curriculum that allow students to specialize in one or more of four areas within computer science: information science, software engineering, systems and traditional computer science. These programs can be completed in three years and have a common first year.
- The Department of Computer Science at UNI offers several scholarships for students studying in the department.
- The STM Scholarship in Computer Science offers one or two awards each year, up to $6,000.
- The Stan and Marcia Walljasper Computer Science Scholarship offers one student per year up to $2,000 per year for up to four years.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Structures
- Discrete Structures
- Intermediate Computing
- Computer Organization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 2050 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $50
- Proof of English proficiency
- Educational transcripts from secondary school
- A copy of the personal data page of your passport
- A completed UNI Financial Statement and Certification form
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18480 USD per year during 48 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18480 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7780 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.