The Bachelor Fine Art - Photography and Media Art programme at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a professional degree designed to offer students an intensive program of study in specific visual art fields. Bfa degrees require passing a portfolio review (the Sophomore Review) and the completion of a capstone project.
Upper division students pursuing bfa degrees receive studio space in which to work. Students who wish to develop autonomous practices within an intellectually rigorous and focused program benefit from pursuing a bfa degree.
The mission of utc Art is to offer an accessible, rigorous, and supportive learning environment that exposes our students to a wide range of creative processes and intellectual models for contemporary practice. We guide our students as they strive to meet their individual goals, preparing them for successful futures in diverse fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Studies I: Form in 2D
- Visual Studies II: Form in 3D
- Visual Studies III: Color Theory and Fundamentals
- The History of Western Art from Prehistoric through Medieval
- The History of Western Art from the Renaissance to the Present
- Portfolio Review
- Professional Preparation for the Visual Artist
- Critical Theory for the Visual Artist
- The History of Modern Architecture
- History of Modern Painting and Sculpture
- Major Trends in American Art
- Cultural Identity in Contemporary Art
- British Art of the 20th Century
- Art History: Special Topics
- Photography & Media Art Requirements
- Media Art
- Survey of Time-based Art
- Photography and Media Art Studio
- Topics in Photography and Media Art – Expanded Media Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 1989 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Language Proficiency
- Scores must be no more than two years old.
- Financial Documents: Documentation of financial resources sufficient for nine months of study must be received prior to issuance of an I-20.
- Copy of valid passport
- Academic Credentials
- Original or attested copy of high school diploma
- Complete and official transcript (statement of marks) for each high school and/or college attended
International24998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12499 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12499 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4440 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Chattanooga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.