All Chemistry and Biochemistry majors from the University of Northern Iowa have the opportunity to get involved in research with our faculty. Many of our students are co-authors on published papers and several are co-inventors in patent applications. Research is conducted during the academic year and also in summer, with summer research students being paid a stipend. Each year we send 10-15 students to the spring meeting of the American Chemical Society to present their research results.
The department also has a number of scholarships available for students. There are two scholarships available for incoming freshmen and a variety of additional scholarships and awards available for current students. Our students are also competitive for awards at the department, college, university and national level. Finally, students can apply to be laboratory assistants, a paid position helping prepare the laboratory component of our courses.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- You can be a discoverer of scientific information, not just a consumer.
- Qualified students in biology programs have the opportunity to work with faculty members on research projects, giving you the opportunity to truly be a scientist and have great experience to add to graduate and professional school applications.
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Chromatography and Quantitative Analysis
- Undergraduate Research in Chemistry
- Chemical Safety Seminar
- Instrumental Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 3015 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $50
- Proof of English proficiency
- Educational transcripts from secondary school
- A copy of the personal data page of your passport
- A completed UNI Financial Statement and Certification form
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18480 USD per year during 48 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18480 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7780 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.