Areas of Study
The Environmental Science program of Loyola Marymount University is a rigorous interdisciplinary program involving course work in biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental science and engineering. The curriculum for the major involves courses that will provide students the following knowledge and skills:
- Theoretical and technical knowledge of the generation, transport, and fate of pollutants;
- The impacts of contaminants and other stressors on receiving environments (air, water, land), biodiversity, natural resources, and human health;
- Resource management and conservation strategies;
- Design and implementation of field and laboratory studies;
- Data assessment employing the use of descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing; and
- Conveying technical information through written reports and poster and oral presentations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Surveying and Mapping
- Earth Science
- Principles of Ecology
- Environmental Chemistry: Atmosphere and Climate
- Environmental Chemistry: Water, Soil, and Sediment
- General Microbiology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 1092 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.