One of the strongest departments at the University, the Biology Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching. The primary goal of the Biology program of Loyola Marymount University is to give students a strong background in the core fields of biology. Majors develop skills in critical and logical thought, acquire knowledge of the fundamental areas of biology, gain experience in the laboratory and field, and develop ethical decision-making ability.
The undergraduate program features intensive laboratory and field experience with close contact between students and faculty. All members of the Department hold the Ph.D. and are active as scholars in their respective fields. Strong features of the program are small class sizes and close personal attention to every student.
Other students go on to various graduate programs in the basic biological sciences (e.g., physiology, genetics, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, marine biology, ecology, etc.), college teaching, and positions in industry and in research and development.
Student learning outcomes for the B.S. degree in Biology:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the evolution of biological systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and function of biological systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of information flow, exchange, and storage in biological systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of pathways and transformations of energy and matter in biological systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of the interconnections and interactions in biological systems
- Be able to apply the scientific method to solve problems in biology
- Effectively communicate biological concepts in written and oral forms
- Have experience using field and laboratory skills
- Apply computational and quantitative methods to describe biological systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology
- Cell Function
- General Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Hormones and Behavior
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Genetics View 459 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.