The Applied Mathematics program of Loyola Marymount University can be tailored to meet the needs of students who expect to pursue a graduate degree in applied mathematics or science, expect to double-major or minor in a scientific field, or intend to work in a mathematics-related interdisciplinary field in industry.
What can you do with a math major?
The program prepares students for a wide range of mathematical careers in industry, business, government and teaching, as well as for admission to graduate programs or professional schools. Recent LMU mathematics alumni have:
- pursued advanced degrees in mathematics, financial mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, public health, psychology, and epidemiology
- attended law and medical school
- become educators (middle school, high school, community college, 4-year colleges/universities)
- been hired by the Federal Reserve Board, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, Raytheon, Northrup-Grumman, Google, Cisco Systems, JPL, and Mercer Consulting, among others
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Workshop in Mathematics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Methods of Proof
- Linear Algebra
- Elementary Computational Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics View 412 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.