What the Music Program Offers
At the Music program of Loyola Marymount University, we offer a truly personalized approach to musical education, housed in state-of-the-art facilities in the second-largest music market in the United States. Our students work side-by-side with faculty experts active throughout Los Angeles, the U.S. and on the international stage.
Personalized ApproachAll our music courses are faculty-taught and boast a low student-faculty ratio that allows for close personal attention and an individualized experience. The program offers a balanced curriculum in musicianship, historical perspectives and music performance. Music majors enjoy four years of private applied lessons as part of their tuition, in addition to professional accompanists for all lessons, auditions, juries, and recital preparation.
Student OutcomesWith concentrations in Contemporary Styles and Practices, Instrumental Studies, Vocal Studies, Theory/Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology, and Conducting, our bachelor’s degree in music prepares students for a variety of graduate study opportunities, as well as a broad array of careers immediately following graduation. Our graduates pursue fulfilling careers as musicologists, composers, conductors, arts administrators, music educators and professional performers, as well as in fields outside of music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Theory & Form
- Aural Skills
- Applied Emphasis Individual Instruction
- World Music Cultures
- Music History: Antiquity-1600
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
- Auditions are required for admission to the music major and minor at LMU, and serve as scholarship consideration for any qualified applicant. Applicants may either audition live on our in-person audition dates, or submit recordings. For recorded auditions, the required pieces should be uploaded as separate video or audio files.
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.