Given rapid technological advancements, a career in ISBA promises to be exciting for those who enjoy meeting new intellectual challenges in the workplace, solving problems and participating in business decision-making at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. Demand for ISBA graduates is often intense and salaries are attractive.
Upon completion of the Information Systems and Business Analytics program of Loyola Marymount University, graduates will be able to:
- Utilize competencies gained from hands-on experience in core information technologies that include programming languages, database management systems, web development tools, spreadsheets, and other data analysis and visualization tools.
- Identify, structure, and solve business problems by proposing an IS, IT and/or data analytics solution
- Plan, manage, develop, and describe how to implement IT and/or data analytics-based IS solutions in business and organizational settings
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills when analyzing business problems
- Effectively communicate complex technological and/or analytical concepts through oral, visual, and written communication
Given the increased importance of information technology and business analytics in the workplace, there is a growing need for ISBA professionals who have the expertise in software, hardware and communications technologies. For the well-prepared ISBA graduate, job opportunities are excellent and salaries are above average. ISBA positions are available in a wide variety of companies, from large Fortune 500 companies to smaller businesses, which includes IT departments and business analytics/decision sciences divisions, and within functional areas such as finance, marketing, accounting and operations. Many opportunities are also available in consulting.
Information technology and business analytics are an important component of decision-making and strategic planning, and are critical to the success of companies. Students with a degree in ISBA may elect and aspire to positions such as:
- Big Data & Analytics
- Business/IT Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Networking Specialist
- Database Developer/Analyst
- Information Security Specialist
- Business Analytics Analyst
- Web Developer
- IT Project Manager
- IT Auditor
- Risk Assurance and Compliance Assessor
- IT Consultant
- Systems Administrator
- Website Content Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database Management Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming for Business Applications
- Developing Business Applications Using SQL
- Financial Modeling and Analytics
- Business Web and App Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems View 622 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.