During the Accounting program of the Loyola Marymount University students learn the basic definitions, concepts and techniques of accounting, as well as the role accounting plays in society. Over 90 percent of our graduates are able to start their graduate studies or careers in accounting at entry-level professional positions.
Students majoring in accounting will be able to:
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Identify relevant authoritative guidance to apply appropriate professional judgments
- Integrate financial accounting reporting with managerial accounting methods to produce data for use in real-world business decisions
- Explain, apply and evaluate relevant topics related to federal income tax
- Explain and apply an ethical conceptual framework to address real-world ethical problems
From tax departments and manufacturing companies to Big 4 consulting and international firms, accounting majors from accredited accounting schools are always in demand. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for accountants and auditors is expected to increase 20 percent or more through 2018. Average salary for accountants and auditors in the U.S. was $63,550 in 2016. Students with a degree in accounting from LMU may elect and aspire to positions such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Corporate Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Tax Planner
- Government Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Compliance Officer
- Payroll Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Information for Decision Making
- Cost Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Federal Income Taxation
- Financial Statement Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 988 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.