The classes of the Spanish program of Loyola Marymount University foster transcultural understanding as the basis for mutual respect, global harmony, and social justice. Many Spanish students double major; Business Administration, Accounting, Natural Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Theology, Communication Studies, and English are common choices.
Our outstanding students are hired by the professors as teaching and research assistants, or work at our Language Center. They often join the Spanish Honor Society (Iota Rho of Sigma Delta Pi) and publish their research essays and creative works in the journal La Voz edited by the vibrant Spanish Club.
Is Spanish Right for You?
You will benefit from majoring (or minoring) in Spanish if you:
- Plan to become a doctor, nurse, lawyer, business person, college professor or teacher
- Would like to work or volunteer in a Spanish speaking community in the US or abroad
- Learned Spanish at home and want to develop your skills professionally and academically
- Are interested in the culture of Spanish speaking populations in the US and abroad
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spanish for Latino Students
- Stylistics and Composition
- Spanish Linguistics 1: Sounds and Words
- Spanish Linguistics 2: Structure and Variation
- Hispanic Literatures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 873 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.