Two of the following languages offered in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures can be combined for the Modern Languages major: Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Through a structured and carefully planned group of course offerings and a strong recommendation to participate for a semester or a summer in study abroad programs, the Modern Languages program of Loyola Marymount University will prepare students for a world in which intercultural understanding provides the basis for mutual respect, global harmony, and social justice.
The program will encourage and advise students to embark in study abroad experiences, research opportunities, extracurricular activities, and community-based learning opportunities that will prepare them to speak, understand, and write two foreign languages as well as linguistically analyze them, to know the principal aspects of some of the cultures where those languages are spoken, and to exercise intercultural awareness.
Is Modern Languages Right for You?
The Major is highly desirable for those students who:
- Are interested in international communications and have access to immigrant populations in areas including, but not limited to business, teaching, social work, theology, law, theatre, and the visual arts
- Are interested and have competence in more than one foreign language
- Have a keen awareness of cultures, and an understanding of the structure of language itself, which is a compelling combination of skills that will prepare the student for employment in a globalized economy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 873 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.