Wellesley offers a full range of academically demanding courses that constitute a strong physics major and small classes that allow for individualized attention. The Physics program at Wellesley College involves the study of the universal principles underlying phenomena ranging from the behavior of subatomic particles to the structure of the universe.
It also entails the applications of these principles to the phenomena we observe every day and to the technology used to explore the world and address people’s needs. Important components of the major are: modeling, problem-solving, and developing the critical thinking skills necessary to address fundamental questions about Nature.
To acquire these skills our majors engage in active inquiry in the classroom and teaching laboratories and in performing research. In addition to preparing students for graduate study in physics or engineering, a major in physics is an excellent basis for a career in other sciences, business, public policy, medicine, law and the arts. Physics majors will also be prepared with fundamental intellectual tools to support their lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world.
- The Wellesley physics major is designed to give students an effective and engaging sequence of experiences to prepare them for graduate study or any of the subsequent paths listed above.
- Physics courses for the first three semesters have laboratory components that provide hands-on training in investigating the physical world and exposure to modern equipment and analytical tools.
- There is also a two-term mathematical methods sequence that focuses on the link between mathematics and physics that is central to the modeling process.
- Our core upper-level courses include advanced work in three fields fundamental to the understanding of the many special topics within the discipline as well as an advanced laboratory course that gives students experience in modern experimental techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Physics of Marine Mammals
- Fundamentals Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Intro Quantum Mechanics
- LAB: Intro Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 1345 other Bachelors in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Your academic preparation as an applicant for admission to Wellesley should include:
- training in writing
- the interpretation of literature
- at least one laboratory science
- other academic studies customary for university admission
- fluency in all areas of the English language: reading, writing, and verbal skills.
International60424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60424 USD per year during 48 months.
National60424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60424 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State60424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60424 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Wellesley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.