French Major Learning Goals
By graduation majors of the French program from Amherst College should be able to:
- express themselves fluently and correctly in French, both orally and in writing;
- think critically;
- demonstrate general knowledge of French culture; and,
- know how to analyze and appreciate a literary text.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language and Literature
- French Literature and Culture
- Women of Ill Repute: Prostitutes in Nineteenth-Century French Literature
- Enfants Terribles: Childhood in Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century French Literature, Culture, and Art
- Troubled Minds: The Self under Siege
- Food Fights: Exploring France's Cultural Tensions through Its Cuisine
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 2814 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.