- Majors of the Environmental Studies program from Amherst College are also expected to recognize that understanding these challenges requires knowledge of the underlying physical and biological processes involved as well as the complex ways these processes interact with cultural, political, and economic forces.
- We expect majors to possess the basic statistical techniques that are required to evaluate research in both the natural and the social sciences.
- We expect majors to have acquired a degree of literacy that enable them to critically evaluate public debates about environmental policy and policy options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Resilient Earth: An Introduction to Environmental Studies
- Environmental History
- Economics with Environmental Applications
- Environmental Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Natural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 473 other Masters in Geography in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.