We expect Computer Science majors from Amherst College to graduate with the following knowledge and skills:
- To be able to apply abstraction and algorithmic reasoning to the task of solving problems and to communicate those solutions clearly and effectively.
- To be able to design, implement, and evaluate computer programs that solve significant computational problems.
- To recognize, and know when to apply, a standard body of algorithms, data structures, and algorithm paradigms. To be able to reason about problem complexity and design new algorithmic solutions when faced with new problems.
- To understand how modern hardware and software systems are organized and why they are built that way. To be able to work through the implications of specific design decisions regarding computer architecture, operating systems, and memory structures, and to evaluate those decisions.
- To work with a variety of approaches to computational problem-solving via our elective courses. This experience may include: developing deeper understanding of theoretical aspects of computation; working with a variety of languages and language paradigms; understanding concurrency and network-based models of computation; and mastering techniques of specific problem areas such as artificial intelligence, graphics, optimization, and language and compiler design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems
- Data Structures
- Machine Learning
- Computer Graphics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 249 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.