This will help in the election of a program which best fits their interests and abilities and which makes full use of previous preparation. Programs can be arranged for students considering careers in chemistry, chemical physics, biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, biomedical research, medicine, and secondary school science teaching.
By graduation a Chemistry at Amherst College should be able to
- Apply a breadth of knowledge from across the sub-disciplines of chemistry to clearly define and solve chemical problems.
- Generate chemical hypotheses; design and execute experiments to test hypotheses; analyze and interpret data to draw meaningful conclusions from experimental results.
- Effectively communicate chemical concepts and research results orally and in written form to either general or specialized audiences.
- Conduct and present classroom and independent work responsibly and within the highest scientific standards of honesty, accuracy, and objectivity.
- Navigate the chemical literature effectively to retrieve specific information and to inform broader research questions; critically assess the experimental design, results, and conclusions of articles published in the primary literature.
- Conduct chemical experiments safely and in compliance with relevant chemical-hygiene regulations; recognize and minimize hazards in the chemistry laboratory.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Principles
- Organic Chemistry
- Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy
- Inorganic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1661 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.