The Biology curriculum is designed to meet the needs of students preparing for postgraduate work in biology or allied careers, as well as to provide the insights of biology to other students whose area of specialization lies outside biology.
Biology majors at Amherst College study introductory Biology, Chemistry,and Math, Statistics, and/or Physics, and then have a wide choice of upper-level Biology courses to fulfill the major. Many Biology majors choose to do a senior honors research project culminating in a thesis and graduation with departmental honors in Biology. The department also offers many Prizes & Awards for students at various steps of their Biology major.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food, Fiber, and Pharmaceuticals
- Adaptation and the Organism
- Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Disease Ecology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 2813 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International76800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 76800 USD per year during 48 months.
National76800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 76800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.