Whether you're interested in making art or learning about its history, the stimulating curriculum of the Art and the History of Art program from Amherst College and supportive faculty can help you discover your personal path. Learn about the range of courses and facilities available to students, such as studio spaces, darkrooms, galleries and much more.
There are two concentrations within the department of Art and the History of Art:
- History of Art Concentration
- Practice of Art Concentration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practice of Art
- Space and Design: Studio Architecture
- Renaissance to Revolution: Early Modern European Art and Architecture
- Visual Arts and Orature in Africa
- Art and Architecture of India
- Contemporary Art
- Architectural Anthropology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 753 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, Coalition Application OR QuestBridge Application
- Amherst College Writing Supplement
- $65 Application Fee (non-refundable) or Fee Waiver (requested through Common Application, Coalition Application or Amherst's Quick Pass).
- School Report
- Secondary School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation (College Counselor / Guidance Counselor)
- Two Teacher Recommendations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- Optional Standardized Test Results for the SAT or ACT (either self-reported or official scores).
- Early Decision Agreement (for ED applicants)
- First marking period grades from senior year (for ED applicants)
- Mid-Year School Report Form (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
- Mid-Year Transcript (as soon as first trimester/first semester grades are available)
International75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
National75800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75800 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.