You will study topics such as:
- Forms of human interaction
- Social class inequality
- Social institutions
- Social problems
- Social theory
Build a foundation for success
While studying as a Sociology major at Mercer University, you will build a strong base of knowledge in sociological theories, research methods, and data analysis skills. This knowledge base provides you with the tools you need for a successful career or for admission into a related graduate program.
A Sociology major leads to careers in many sectors of employment including nonprofits, government, and business. Job titles for Sociology majors include:
- Research director
- Social worker
- Urban planner
- Higher education administrator
- Hospital administrator
- Human resources manager
- Special Introductory Topics in Sociology
- Social Problems
- Social Movements
- Sociology of Race & Ethnicity
- Sociological Theory
- Social Science Research Methods
- Social Work
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Liberal Arts View 1929 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Mercer University offers two ways to apply for admission: The Common Application or the Mercer Application.
- Standardized Test Scores: Submit your official SAT score(s) and/or ACT score(s), if your native language or language of instruction is English. Submit an official TOEFL score of at least 80 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5, if your native language or language of instruction is not English.
- Official School Transcript(s): Ask your school counselor to send us your official secondary school report(s) or high school transcript(s), translated in English. Upon admission, submit a course-by-course evaluation of transcript(s), including Grade Point Average, translated in English by World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny & Associates.
- Letter of Recommendation: We want to hear from one of your high school teachers or counselors about your work ethic, school engagement, academic achievement, and more, translated in English
International38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
National38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Macon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.