The program in Neuroscience and Behavior offered by Mount Holyoke College is intended for students with strong, integrative interests in both biological sciences and psychology and in the biological bases of behavior.
You will learn:
- biological sciences
- chemistry and other disciplines.
Program Learning GoalsStudents should have a broad understanding of the development, physiology, anatomy, and evolutionary history of the nervous system in both human and non-human animals. Toward this end, they should have a general understanding of the electrochemical behavior of nerve cells and synapses, sensorimotor processes, anatomical features, and circuit-level processes underlying various cognitive and behavioral outcomes.Students will be introduced to technology appropriate to the field, including electrophysiological recordings and cytological and molecular techniques. Neuroscience and Behavior majors will learn how to construct novel hypotheses from existing literature and design relevant experiments to challenge underlying assumptions. As a result, students will understand how to design laboratory-based and field experiments and be well versed in methods of data collection, statistical analysis and written and oral presentation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Neuroscience & Behavior
- General Chemistry
- Integrated Introduction to Biology and Chemistry
- General Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry
- Calculus I
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Introduction to Biology II
- Cell Biology
- Elementary Data Analysis and Experimental Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Neuroscience View 126 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.