Music connects the past to the present, communicating between and across cultures. The department offers a Bachelor in Music at Mount Holyoke College to explore the history, theory, literature, performance, and cross-cultural study of music. Majors, minors, and students with a passion for music are active performers, scholars, leaders, and creators of music.ear training, and critical listening and individual instruction is offered at three levels.
Students who major in music at Mount Holyoke will take courses in all aspects of the field:
- composition and performance.
The music major is designed for students with a wide range of interests, backgrounds, and career goals. It is intended to provide a broad and varied acquaintance with theory, historical and cultural contexts, and literature of music as well as to develop skills in performance, analysis, and synthesis. The integration of creating, performing, and thinking about music fosters musical awareness and critical perception
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Theory I
- Theory II
- Theory III
- History of Western Music I
- History of Western Music II
- Topics in Music
- Rudiments of Music
- World Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 2168 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54400 USD per year during 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for South Hadley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.