“The geoscience community provides the knowledge, experience, and ingenuity to meet society’s demands for natural resources, environmental quality, and resilience from hazards.” –American Geological Institute, 2009
Only one planet is known to sustain life. Understanding the Earth’s complex systems is essential not only to our continued way of life, but to our very survival. The Geology major at Mount Holyoke College provides students with an understanding of Earth processes, properties, and history, to the evolution of life, and to the interactions between human beings and various environments.
In illuminating the dynamic processes that shape our planet, geology includes study of a wide range of areas, including:
- energy and climate change;
- water availability and population growth;
- waste treatment and disposal;
- sustainable land use;
- the interaction of the ocean and the atmosphere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Environmental Geology
- Precious Drops: The Geology of Groundwater and Fossil Fuels
- History of Life
- Introduction to Hydrology: A Data Perspective
- Methods in Earth Science
- Rocks and Minerals
- History of Earth
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology Environmental Sciences View 1088 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.