Through hands-on experience with modern instrumentation throughout the Bachelor in Chemistry from Mount Holyoke College curriculum, a broad array of advanced coursework, and engagement in active discussion and collaboration with the chemistry faculty.
The goals of chemistry are:
- to give students a firm foundation in the fundamental principles of chemistry, its sub-disciplines, and their interrelationships;
- to develop a proficiency in experimental technique, design, and interpretation;
- to expose students to contemporary research questions and applications.
Chemistry is the study of the composition, synthesis, physical properties, and transformations of materials, including biological substances, technological materials, and natural products. The goals of the chemistry major are to give students a firm foundation in the fundamental principles of chemistry, its subdisciplines, and their interrelationships; to develop a proficiency in experimental technique, design, and interpretation; and to expose students to contemporary research questions and applications. This is accomplished through hands-on experience with modern instrumentation throughout the curriculum, a broad array of advanced course work, and engagement in active discussion and collaboration with the chemistry faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- General Chemistry I and II
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Atomic and Molecular Structure
- Comprehensive Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry View 1253 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.