Mount Holyoke’s Department of Art encourages artistic exploration while providing technical skills and interdisciplinary opportunities. Whether enrolled in introductory or advanced studio courses, students learn to express themselves in a range of methods and material. Analysis of original works and engagement with contemporary issues are part of the rich studio experience. The Department of Art offers a Bachelor in Art Studio from Mount Holyoke College with courses taught by accomplished visual artists. In addition to working closely with these professionals, students also benefit from the department’s ties to the Mount Holyoke College Art Museum, one of the oldest teaching museums in the country, and its affiliation with the Five College Consortium.
Students interested in pursuing licensure in the field of visual art can combine their course work in studio art with a minor in education. In some instances course work in the major coincides with course work required for licensure; in other cases, it does not.
Majors are encouraged to study abroad during their junior year to gain first-hand experience living in a new culture, and working alongside students from different art programs and exposure to great art and architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art and Contemporary Issues
- Drawing I
- Digital Photography I
- Topics in Studio Art I: 'Printmaking/Digital Hybrid'
- Topics in Studio Art I: 'Drawing for Theatrical Set and Costume Design'
- Painting I
- Painting II
- Sculpture I
- Sculpture II
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.