At the Television Writing and Production program offered by Chapman University you will also learn about casting, directing, working with actors, and producing as well as lighting, shooting, editing, capturing sound and creating sound effects.
Facilities and Resources
Students work in our 4-camera, state-of-the-art high definition television studio, use industry-standard technology like the Avid editing system, and state-of-the-art digital cinema cameras such as the Sony F65 and Canon C300. Our students create and produce half-hour comedy and drama pilots, and Web series produced in our Short Form Television classes.
Our students' work has won national recognition. Work by Dodge College TV students has won notice in contests such as the Caucus for Producers, Directors, and Writers, the Directors Guild, Cinequest, Scriptapalooza, Script Pipeline and festivals such as the New York Television Festival (NYTVF) and the Independent Television Film Festival (ITVFest).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Television Production: Studio
- Editing I
- Introduction to Television Production: Location
- Introduction to Visual Storytelling for Television Writing and Production
- Audio Techniques
- Screenwriting Fundamentals
- Electronic Cinematography for Narrative Television
- Introduction to Production and Set Management
- Directing I
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 402 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.