Like the BFA in Theatre Performance, the BFA in Screen Acting at Chapman University provides advanced coursework in acting technique and related skills, but also provides students with a basic understanding of how media works behind the camera as well as in front of it through classes in screenwriting, film technology, history of film, and other applied film and television courses. The degree can be personalized through choices of electives. Graduates of the BFA in Screen Acting leave the program with a completed actor reel developed through a variety of acting opportunities in Dodge College and may go on to further graduate study or move into the profession with a variety of talents and skills, as well as excellent acting training.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students with a BFA in Screen Acting will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes for preparing and executing an acting role in a variety of situations and styles.
- Possess an understanding of story structure, story analysis, and character analysis.
- Possess an understanding of the development of filmmaking, theater, and acting aesthetically and historically.
- Possess adequate technical proficiency to understand their collaborators and manage their careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Acting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.