At Dodge College, you’ll learn all aspects of planning, developing and executing effective communications campaigns while mastering the most powerful medium of our time — film.
We offer a unique degree in a unique setting. The Public Relations and Advertising program offered by Chapman University brings together public relations and advertising, two disciplines that always work together. Starting with an integrated core, you can then specialize in either PR or advertising, or study both. Either way, you will understand the many avenues and message types organizations use to communicate. Uniquely positioned in Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, you will learn to use all kinds of media tools and communicate effectively using the visual media that dominate communication and marketing today.
We know you can't learn everything from books. As a student at Dodge College, you’ll learn from faculty who are working professionals and you’ll be exposed to a wide range of professional and extracurricular networking opportunities:
- Hear from guest speakers from every conceivable business and organization.
- Join student professional organizations like the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and the Chapman Ad Club.
- Compete in the Bateman Case Study Competition and the American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition.
- Intern with major corporations, PR and advertising agencies, non-profit organizations, Hollywood studios and event planning firms.
Learning OutcomesIn mastering the curriculum of the B.A. in Public Relations and Advertising, students will:
- Students will demonstrate effective written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of strategic differences between and be able to compare critically the tactics employed by PR and advertising and apply them within a comprehensive PR or advertising plan.
- Be able to think critically about the economic, social, technological, political, persuasive and ethical factors that affect PR and advertising decision-making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Visual Storytelling for Public Relations and Advertising
- Introduction to Film Aesthetics
- Theories of Persuasion for Non–Majors
- Principles of Advertising
- Principles of Public Relations
- Design Strategy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Relations View 291 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.