At the Creative Producing program offered by Chapman University you will learn how to oversee the complete production of a film from concept to the screen through a project-based curriculum that trains you to take the lead.
Your education culminates in the completion of a fully developed portfolio including two thesis projects you have produced as well as a thesis book for a proposed project with detailed plans for rights acquisition, story development, pitching, budgeting, packaging, marketing, distribution and exhibition.
Upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the fundamental skills necessary to identify creative material as well as to manage the business elements of production, legal and intellectual property rights, marketing, financing and distribution internationally for film, television and the internet.
- Articulate the functions and roles on a film set and work collaboratively within that structure.
- Through closely mentored projects, students will be able to demonstrate the requisite knowledge and skills to produce film or media projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a comprehensive project proposal that presents a compelling presentation of the material.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Storytelling and script development
- The entire production process
- Financing, marketing, distribution and exhibition
- Entertainment law
- Domestic and international cinema
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 694 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.