Chapman University’s Chemistry program prepares students to meet major scientific and technological challenges, such as discovering and delivering drugs and therapeutics; synthesizing new materials; analyzing clinical, environmental, and forensic samples; improving the world's food supply and nutrition; addressing climate change and environmental transformations, to name a few.
Schmid College of Science and Technology offers a top-tier faculty of scientists currently engaged with students in research projects such as nanomaterials and regenerative medicine, toxic metal(loid)s in mine wastes, atmospheric chemistry and climate change, catalytic surfaces and fuel production, experimental cancer therapeutics, bioactive compounds in plant-based foods, and biological ammonia production for agricultural applications.
Through hands-on experiential learning, we prepare our students for professions in traditional chemistry areas and forward-looking interdisciplinary fields, as well as post-graduate studies in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, food science, materials science, medicine, dentistry, forensics, analytical chemistry, art conservation, business, and law.
Our B.S. in Chemistry degree prepares you for careers in:
- R&D scientist (research & development)
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Materials and Polymeric Sciences
- Food Sciences and Nutrition
- Environmental Chemistry (atmospheric, aquatic, geochemistry)
- Analytical Chemistry and Forensics
- Chemical Engineering
- Regulatory and Policy Sciences (NSF, FDA, DOD)
- Safety, Hazards, Waste Management
- Academics and Education
- Art Preservation and Conservation
- Science and Health Communications and Marketing
- Law (patent, environmental, pharmaceutical, biotechnology)
- Business Development and Administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 1661 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.