This degree broadens the scope of the Division of Art at West Liberty University, giving students the option to choose a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design, a Bachelor of Arts in Art Education, or a Bachelor of Science in Digital Media Design. The Division of Art at West Liberty University is already comprised of accomplished faculty members, excellent facilities, a wonderful support staff, and students who care a great deal about receiving a quality education with an eye towards the future. The proposed degree program takes full advantage of the new Media Arts Center, giving students the opportunity to experience cross-discipline studies in video and audio production.DMD program students will be able to:
- Use a variety of digital imaging tools to create still graphics that adhere to the principles of design as evidenced by passing scores on the Art division scoring rubrics.
- Use photography and typography effectively in the development of graphic layouts. Students will receive passing scores on the Art division scoring rubrics.
- Write, storyboard, shoot, and edit video using professional video production techniques. Students will receive passing scores on the Communications division scoring rubrics.
- Score, create, and edit digital audio pieces to be used in linear and/or multimedia projects. Students will receive passing scores on the Music division scoring rubrics.
- Write, storyboard, and produce websites and animation for web delivery. Students will receive passing scores on the Art division scoring rubrics.
- Design and produce a final capstone project that integrates learned digital techniques from the divisions of Art, Music, and Communications. Students will receive passing scores on the Senior Project scoring rubric.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Media Design is a Division of Art major combining aspects of art, communications, business, and digital media. Students study with a variety of instructors with expertise in graphic design, photography, publishing, video, audio, animation, web design, marketing, and business information systems. Students develop a broad range of communication skills in visualization, communication, presentation, writing, and technology.
- These skills provide an excellent foundation for careers in publishing, graphic design, web design, multimedia, arts administration, copy writing, and specialist careers in the art, design, and digital media industries. Many classes will be held in the new Media Arts Center.
- Students will experience lectures, workshops, tutorials and project work. Opportunities for independent learning and internships will be readily available.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Graphic Design Video Games & Multimedia View 750 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 61
- Other: Visit the Admissions website for detailed application instructions and to apply.
International15930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7965 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7965 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3995 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Wheeling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.