Student Learning Outcomes
- M&J majors will demonstrate professional competencies appropriate to their chosen specialization.
- M&J majors will demonstrate an ability to solve problems, think critically, and work ethically within the legal boundaries for their selected specialization.
- M&J majors will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of selected scholarly research relevant to their specialization.
- Students will design, evaluate, and implement a strategy to answer an open-ended question or achieve a desired goal.
- Students of the Media and Journalism program at the University of South Dakota will be able to assess their own ethical values and the social context of problems, recognize ethical issues in a variety of settings, think about how different ethical perspectives might be applied to ethical dilemmas and consider the ramifications of alternative actions.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the cultivation of knowledge, skills, values and motivation that will enable them to make a difference in the civic life of communities and promote the quality of life in a community and engage in activities of personal and public concern that are both individually life enriching and socially beneficial to the community
- Students will be able to systematically explore issues, objects or works through the collection and analysis of evidence that results in informed conclusions or judgments, and break down complex topics or issues into parts to gain a better understanding of them.
- Students will comprehensively explore issues, ideas, artifacts and events before accepting or formulating an opinion or conclusion, and combine or synthesize existing ideas, images or expertise in original ways reflecting a high degree of innovation, divergent thinking, and risk taking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mass Communication
- Video Production
- Media Law and Ethics
- Multiplatform Storytelling
- Writing for Digital Media
- Broadcast Newswriting and Reporting
- Publications Editing and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesJournalism Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 998 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official high school (secondary school) transcript with grade point average equivalent to 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting one of the following.
- ACT or SAT: ACT English 18+ OR SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing 500+
- International Baccalaureate (IB): IB English A (4 or higher) or IB English B (6 or higher)
- High School Diploma from an U.S. high school: International students who graduated from an U.S. high school may be eligible to have the English proficiency requirement waived if they have a 2.6 or higher GPA (grade point average) and an official ACT or an SAT test score.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
National12942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12942 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.