It provides a core of mathematics basic to all mathematical sciences and an introduction to the concepts and techniques of the following:
The program from Stanford University utilizes the faculty and courses of the departments of Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Science and Engineering, and Statistics.
It prepares students for graduate study or employment in the mathematical and computational sciences or in those areas of applied mathematics which center around the use of computers and are concerned with the problems of the social and management sciences.
The newest Mathematical and Computational Science - Statistics Track enables students to seek a more comprehensive background in the statistical discipline.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Stochastic Processes
- Mining Massive Data Sets
- Probabilistic Analysis
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Applied Multivariate Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- the Bootstrap
- Statistical Learning
- Stochastic Processes
- Bayesian Statistics I
- Linear Algebra and Differential Calculus of Several Variables
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Computer Sciences View 1712 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International36838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18419 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18419 USD per semester during 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.