The Communication Department at Stanford University has traditionally focused on three questions: How do communication practices and particularly journalism shape political life? How do media interact with the human psyche? And how do changes in media technologies and practices produce changes in culture over time? Students explore these questions at several levels, including a core curriculum, intermediate and advanced coursework, and optional internships.
Majors also have opportunity to do advanced research projects. Students will graduate with the analytical and critical skills needed for success in graduate programs, professional schools, or immediate career entry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Communication
- Media, Culture, and Society
- America in One Room: Deliberating the Issues that Divide Us
- Introduction to Digital Labor
- Technology and Inequality
- Reporting, Writing, and Understanding the News
- Communication Research Methods
- Media, Culture, and the Politics of Genderr
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International35238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17619 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National35238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17619 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.