The Molecular Genetic Technology program at the The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is a three-semester, highly intensive course of study that integrates classroom lectures, laboratory demonstrations and technical experience to prepare each student for national certification as a molecular genetic technologist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Medical Genetics
- Clinical Applications of Molecular Biology
- Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders
- Molecular Diagnosis of Hematological Malignancies
- Advanced Molecular Diagnostic Techniques
- Molecular Genetics Technology
- Basic Laboratory Techniques
- Fundamentals of Hematology
- Advanced Hematology
- Independent Research Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Microbiology Genetics View 896 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
- Required courses must be acceptable toward a major in the respective field of study. Survey courses will not fulfill these requirements.
- Candidates who completed the prerequisite courses seven or more years before admission may be required to update their academic skills. For specific information, contact the program director.
- A minimum overall grade point average and science (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is required. Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee acceptance.
International16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.